For the past several years it has been our family tradition to pick out the ugliest tree on the lot. We have found this to be much more fun (and less frustrating) than finding a perfectly shaped tree. This year we found many great options. Among them were these......

And these...

And these...all with some potential, but having a fatal flaw...bare spots, flailing branches, etc. The only thing we rule out are scoliosis trees or those with really thick trunks). They are just much to hard to fit properly in the tree stand.

The winner this year is this beauty.
I just couldn't get over how perfect it was.

Its beautiful hourglass shape,
the branches so haphazardly flailing...

I was given the final say.....so they cut it down and posed for a picture. I told them they could show true expressions on their face how they felt about the tree, but they smiled anyway.

On the bumpy ride bringing our tree back to the van.

The tree was so tall (and had such crazy top branches)
it hung way over the back of the van.

Most years, once we decorate the tree, it is hard to tell it was once an ugly tree. This year, there was no way to disguise it (although we rarely try). Those that have been over to see it have used words such as "interesting" and "unique". I'm not sure about the kids, but I really like our tree.
1 comment:
That is the funniest tradition ever! I love it! So funny.
Post a Comment