
A couple days after we got back I had a CT scan of my lungs that showed no more blood clots, just some minor scarring, so I was able to stop taking the blood thinner Coumadin. A couple days after that I did a methacholine challenge lung test for my pulmonologist, which I passed. I think that means that I don’t have asthma. She still hasn’t found a reason for the hyperinflated lungs. I’m pretty sure that the respiratory therapist is tired of seeing me (I’ve also done a couple pulmonary function tests in the last 6 months).
S got the expander put in her mouth the week after we got back in town. I have to twist it every night for 2 weeks. It has been a little painful, so S has gotten good at taking Tylenol. She’s having a little trouble eating, not only because there are many foods she’s not allowed to eat because of the expander, but also because her teeth aren’t fitting together very well anymore.
M went to her first Girls Camp last week. The young women here go Monday through Friday (I only went 3 days) to a camp in Wisconsin where they sleep in bunk houses. She had a really fun time, but got very little sleep. She’s been talking about it almost non-stop since she got home.
No comments:
Post a Comment