Tuesday, May 3, 2011

March & April 2011

March 2011

Brooklyn started spring soccer. She is on a team with a couple of her friends and is really liking it so far. Brooklyn also started a Kindergarten Enrichment class and I have been working on a program with her so she can learn to read. I’ve been disappointed in her progress in Kindergarten so far. She has been learning Spanish fine, but is really lagging behind with her reading and writing skills.

I have been seeing a neuro-chiropractor several times a week for therapy and had some tests done. So far it’s taken a lot of time (and McKenzie has had to babysit for me) and I haven’t noticed much progress. All he’s been able to tell me so far is that I may be gluten intolerant and hypoglycemic. I also went to see a neurologist at Rush University. He thinks maybe I had a vestibular neuritis episode 2½ years ago and I just haven’t fully recovered. He had me do a repeat MRI and prescribed balance therapy.

I went to the funerals for my Aunt Cindy Biesemeyer and my Grandma Biesemeyer the second weekend of March. It was nice to be around family and be there to support my mother, grandfather, uncle, and cousins. I took Jackson with me and he did pretty well on the trip.


McKenzie turned 14 on the 16th. She had a small party the following weekend with some friends from school.

I went to Parent Teacher Conferences for Samantha and Brooklyn in March. They are both doing well.

I had a root canal on a tooth with a deep cavity that had been bothering me for some time. The procedure was tolerable but long.


April 2011

It’s been a pretty rainy month and so several of Brooklyn’s soccer games and practices were cancelled. Brooklyn loves going to the dentist. She really looks forward to it and does a great job while there. The hygienist says she is her best patient. Brooke even likes getting the foam flouride (with the mouthpiece). Brooke says that she wants to be a dentist (or dental hygienist) when she grows up.

McKenzie was busy all month practicing for the junior high musical, Beauty and the Beast. She was a narrator in one of the casts and a villager in both casts. She had 4 performances last week and she did a great job.


Jackson turned 6 months and was 16 lbs 5 oz (35th percentile) and 27 inches (75th percentile) at his appointment. He’s been pretty rashy - head, face, arms, hands, back, shoulders, and legs. The doctor said he has sensitive skin and recommended certain soaps and lotions to use. The rashes have improved quite a bit.

No comments: