Thursday, October 7, 2010

September 2010

The first Saturday in September I met a group of old Hyde Park friends downtown for dinner to celebrate America’s and Jenny’s graduation. It was so fun to see so many friends and reconnect. Many of them had flown in for the weekend. I surprised them with my fat tummy.

I have been busy most of the month with getting the baby stuff and baby room ready and trying to organize and put stuff away in the basement. Along with the organizing I have been collecting and selling some of our old clothes at clothing exchanges at some of the neighboring elementary schools. I did some boy clothes shopping at the infant resale and now baby brother won’t have to wear pink. He may still end up in a dress for Halloween though.

I was recently released from the Young Women’s program (in charge of M’s activities) and called to be an Activity Days leader (in charge of S's activities).

Due to my advanced age I have been doing non-stress tests weekly with my obstetrician appointments. Fonzie (not his real name) has been doing fine. He is active, but completely comfortable - no dilation for me whatsoever.

K and I invited a few couples to go to dinner with us at the country club.....we aren’t very good at using up our required food spending. I think we may be done with the club this year. We just aren’t using it enough to justify the expense.

S and B started their soccer games this month. B’s team is so fun to watch and they play on a small field, so it’s easy to see all the action. B was tired of running during the first game. For subsequent games I told her I would get her a treat if she kicked the ball 12 times during the game and she is so much more in the action now. S’s team plays on a big field and are much more spread out. She has a similar deal, but has less opportunity to kick the ball (and a large dog on the sidelines to distract her).

B started a ballet class with the park district that she has really been enjoying, but she refuses to wear tights because they bother her. Luckily she is allowed to wear ankle socks with her ballet slippers. B also started a drop off playgroup. So far it has been at our house, then we missed the second one because of a conflict.

M mostly just does homework.

No comments: