Tuesday, March 2, 2010
A funny story
A couple weeks ago our phone stopped working. (As a side note, in attempting to restore our internet service I had unplugged the phone line and replugged it into the Line 2 spot........) I called our phone provider (on my cell phone) and was attempting to resolve the issue. Periodically I would press “talk” on the phone and listen for a dial tone to see if the phone service had been restored. When M would check the phone, she would dial a phone number, then press “talk.” I couldn’t figure out why she was going through the extra step of dialing a phone number until I talked to her and realized that she (as well as S) didn’t have any idea what a dial tone was. I couldn’t believe they didn’t know. We have gotten so used to cell phones and dialing the number first on our home phone (in case we make a mistake and need to clear part of the number) that she had never heard a dial tone. I made a dramatic presentation and the girls were excited to learn something new. A few days later the girls informed me that they have never used a phone book.......and don't know why they would ever need to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment