Wow, September just flew by. B started preschool (same place as last year, new teacher). She is enjoying it. B is currently obsessed with High School Musical songs and watching HSM videos on YouTube. She likes to multitask and type at the same time, splitting the screen. S is doing well in school and loves to read, but is not enjoying (or doing enough of) her piano and violin practicing. M has been busy with Young Womens. Besides weekly activities (which I also attend....to the disappointment of my B), we recently had Standards Week where the youth had almost daily activities. Then extra Stake Activities and occasional firesides....
A couple weeks ago the youth had a tailgate party before a high school football game, then went to the game to watch several of the Young Men who are on the team. It was fun. The high school is really big (about 4000 kids) and the football field was recently redone and is beautiful. The following week M (along with the other junior high band members from her junior high and another) got to play the national anthem with the high school band on the field before the football game, then sit with the band in the stands. At half time the band performed their award-winning competition show. It was amazing! Not just the band, but the dancers, actors, props, and scenery that were included in the show.
M has been borrowing from my closet for a year or so now...shoes, shirts, earrings, and necklaces (although now my shoes are all too small for her). On Monday she needed some jeans to wear for a field trip and realized that she had outgrown hers....back to my closet...my jeans fit her perfectly! They were only a tiny bit too long. I am not used to all this sharing (although it seems like a good excuse to hand over my old clothes and buy some new ones).
I was recently called as the Young Women’s 2nd Counselor (over the Beehives - I used to be the Beehive teacher). They haven’t yet called a new Beehive teacher, so I am teaching, going to meetings, as well as planning and carrying out weekly activities. It’s got me a bit frazzled.
I had a couple more tests this month...a Field Test (vision) and a Tilt Test. I believe both results were fine. I NEVER want to have a Tilt Test again....they try and make you pass out. It was no fun at all. Despite consistent medication, I still have strings of good days and bad days.
Oh, and way back at the first part of the month, K’s mom came to babysit while he and I went to London, Pisa, and Florence. It was a nice trip. London was just a layover both directions, but we were there long enough to see 2 shows - Phantom & Mama Mia. We saw the Leaning Tower in Pisa, and Michelangelo’s original David in Florence.
The Leaning Tower of Pisa.
Michelangelo's original David at the Accademia.

The Duomo in Florence.

A view of Florence from the Duomo.



No comments:
Post a Comment