Sunday, April 5, 2009

March 2009

A couple days before we left for our trip to the Bahamas, I went in for a high altitude test to determine how much oxygen I would need for the flight. I passed the test and so my doctor told me I no longer needed to use the oxygen. I had already rented a portable concentrator, so I brought it and used it for the travel day. (I’m sure I was a sight at the airport with my oxygen and riding in a wheelchair - a great way to get through O’Hare and through security quickly.) We spent 3 days at Atlantis on Paradise Island in the Bahamas and it was beautiful. I took lots of pictures - especially considering I wasn’t really up to swimming or going on waterslides. The kids had a blast, although they did sunburn even with constant application of sunscreen.



Our hotel.

View from our room.


At the beach.




The waterpark.


Aquariums.


Feeding the stringray.



Feeding the turtles


McKenzie’s birthday was on the Monday we were traveling home from the Bahamas, so we postponed her birthday until the following Saturday so we would have time for cake, presents, and her favorite foods. That week she attended her first Young Women’s activity. It was a joint activity with the boys where they played human foosball. It looked pretty rough and I was glad I wasn’t playing and that McKenzie didn’t get hit. I think McKenzie has enjoyed being in Young Womens so far. The Beehive class is small, only three girls including her. McKenzie also went in for her 12 year check up and is now 5 feet tall. I don’t think I will mention her weight, except to say that with my weight loss and her weight gain, we weigh practically the same. Her feet are already bigger than mine and I’m sure she will eventually pass me in height.



Right before the trip, I attended Parent Teacher Conferences with both Samantha’s teacher and Brooklyn’s teacher. The girls are both doing quite well. This past week was our kids spring break. Since we already went on a trip and I still am not feeling well (being dizzy for 8 months is getting quite ridiculous) we didn’t do much...at all.

1 comment:

NaluaiFamily said...

Being a sick mom does SUCK. I am so sorry. It is wonderful to have a ward family. We love ours and know that we would struggle without their support. They truly are our family away from family.