Friday, October 3, 2008

September 2008

Girl 3 started preschool at the beginning of the month. She is going to a regular preschool this year (last year she went to a Parents Day Out program at a local church). She attends Monday, Wednesday, and Friday afternoons and has been really enjoying it. She has even figured out how to use a big potty by herself. Her teacher’s name is Miss Miranda (although when she says it, it sounds a lot like Mr. Randall). There are only 4 kids in her class—there were 5 (one moved) and could be up to 8. I went to the Parents’ Day on Monday and she appears to be the oldest, and most well behaved in the class. Girl 3 & I also started our new playgroup in the neighborhood. We are in a large group—13 kids and 7 adults. It makes for quite a houseful when it is our turn to host. The nice thing about it is there are 3 other 3-year-old girls in the group and they will all start kindergarten together. Girl 3 is also in a park district Gym Tigers gymnastics class. She really loves it.


On the other hand, Girl 2 is not so fond of her park district Tumbling class (neither am I). Her class is at the high school (lots of traffic and high school after-school activities going on), we have to enter a door near all the traffic, without sidewalks and right by the garbage dumpsters (really stinky), and the class is taught by high school students—who, from what I hear from Girl 2, don’t really know how to teach very well. And also, Girl 2 really wanted to do the balance beam and bars, which they don’t do in this class. Luckily it was cheap and will be over soon. Girl 2 decided to join Student Council and Running Club at school. Both meet before school (7:30am), and have been good motivation for her to get out of bed in the morning.


A couple weeks ago Girl 1 and I went downtown and saw Wicked. It was good, but probably a little long for Girl 1. Girl 1 keeps busy with her school stuff—homework, band, and chorus. She leaves 30 minutes before Girl 2 does and gets home 30 minutes after Girl 2. She thinks it’s quite unfair.


As for me, I keep busy running the kids all over. A couple weeks ago, I spent over 3 hours at the cannery dry packing food storage. Some people didn’t show up and others had some really big orders. I was recently released as the Nursery Leader in our ward. I was pretty burned out—due to lack of support. My new calling is the Beehive Advisor in the Young Womens. I haven’t been in Young Womens since I was one, so this should be interesting. We only have about 15 Young Women, and only 3 Beehives (Girl 1 will be in my class in March). One of my new responsibilities includes being at (and perhaps planning) all the youth activities on Wednesday night, which should be much easier once husband is done teaching his night class.

No comments: